2023 Annual Meeting - Call for Abstracts
A highlight of CGU membership is the Annual Scientific Meeting, which provides the opportunity to network with Earth Scientists from across the country. Collaborative and networking opportunities are enhanced by hosting meetings jointly with complementary scientific societies. In 2023 the CGU will be joined by the CSAFM.
Meetings provide the opportunity to:
- Present current research to geoscientific colleagues and learn about the activities of other geoscientists.
- Emphasize Canadian-focused research alongside global research
- Recognize and support winners of CGU awards and student paper awards
- Attend invited lectures such as the Woo Lecture (Hydrology) and presentations from our invited plenary speakers
- Attend information sessions held by granting agencies
- Participate in annual Section and Executive meetings.
- Participate in workshops relevant to geophysics and Earth Science disciplines.
We invite you to submit an abstract for inclusion in the list of presentations in this year's annual meeting. Please review the session descriptions and then submit your abstract(s).
Fee: $55 per abstract. This fee is non-refundable.
Deadline: Extended to: March 5, 2023 at 11:59pm MST.
Speakers are responsible for their own registration fees, travel and accommodation to the annual meeting.
This event is taking place in person, in Banff, Alberta, May 7-10, 2023.
The CGU will be unable to provide letters of support for visa applications prior to acceptance of abstract and paid registration fees.
To register and for information on conference registration fees, hotel and travel visit: https://www.meet-here.ca/CGU2023