Annual Scientific Meeting
A highlight of CGU membership is the Annual Scientific Meeting, which provides the opportunity to network with Earth Scientists from across the country. Collaborative and networking opportunities are enhanced by hosting meetings jointly with complementary scientific societies. In 2023 the CGU will be joined by the CSAFM.
Meetings provide the opportunity to:
- Present current research to geoscientific colleagues and learn about the activities of other geoscientists.
- Emphasize Canadian-focused research alongside global research
- Recognize and support winners of CGU awards and student paper awards
- Attend invited lectures such as the Woo Lecture (Hydrology) and presentations from our invited plenary speakers
- Attend information sessions held by granting agencies
- Participate in annual Section and Executive meetings.
- Participate in workshops relevant to geophysics and Earth Science disciplines.
Call for Abstracts
Click here to submit an abstract for the Annual Meeting. Deadline: Extended to: March 5, 2023 at 11:59pm MST.
We invite you to join the Annual Scientific Meeting taking place in Banff, Alberta from May 7-10, 2023. Registration will open by March 1st.
Early Bird Rates (in effect until April 6th)
- Member: $825.00
- Non-member: $925.00
- Student: $425.00
- Student non-member: $500.00
Regular Rates (April 7 - May 7)
- Member: $925.00
- Non-member: $1,025.00
- Student: $525.00
- Student non-member: $600.00
Until the start of the 2023 Annual Meeting, students are welcome to join the CGU free of cost. Click here for membership info.
The CGU will be unable to provide letters of support for visa applications prior to confirmation of paid registration.
Sponsorship and Exhibiting
We welcome organizations who would like to support the CGU and the annual meeting through sponsorships or exhibiting. Please click here for our sponsorship package or reach out to Niesa Silzer at email@example.com.