Annual Scientific Meeting
A highlight of CGU membership is the Annual Scientific Meeting, which provides the opportunity to network with geoscientists from across the country. Collaborative and networking opportunities are enhanced by hosting meetings jointly with complementary scientific societies. In 2024 the CGU will be joined by the Canadian Society of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology (CSAFM).
Meetings provide the opportunity to:
- Present current research to geoscientific colleagues and learn about the activities of other geoscientists.
- Emphasize Canadian-focused research alongside global research.
- Recognize and support winners of CGU awards and student paper awards.
- Attend invited and plenary presentations.
- Attend information sessions held by granting agencies.
- Participate in annual Section and Executive meetings.
- Participate in geoscience and professional development workshops.
Call for Abstracts
We welcome you to submit an abstract for the 2024 CGU Annual Scientific Meeting. At the time of submitting an abstract you will be required to select the section and session you are submitting for. Click here to view the sessions.
Deadline for submission: Monday, March 11, 2024 at 11;59pm PST.
We invite you to join the Annual Scientific Meeting taking place in Ottawa, Ontario from May 26-29, 2024. Registration will open in early spring.
The CGU will be unable to provide letters of support for visa applications prior to confirmation of paid registration.
Sponsorship and Exhibiting
We welcome organizations who would like to support the CGU and the annual meeting through sponsorships or exhibiting. For more information, please reach out to Niesa Silzer at events@detailsinc.