February 22 - 24, 2023
9:00am - 1:00pm MST
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
A conference that focuses on effective, respectful practice in response to domestic violence by upholding the dignity of children and youth.
Who should attend?
Professionals working with victims, perpetrators, children, youth, and families in domestic violence, including counsellors, advocates, social workers, police, legal and justice professionals.
Where is it held?
Taylor Institute of the University of Calgary and online (Please note this event is not affiliated with or endorsed by the University of Calgary)
What will you learn?
- Dignity-centered practice
- A framework for violence intervention
- Honouring resistance
- How to analyze and use language to help clients
- Creating positive social responses
- Working with people who use abuse
- Decolonizing and indigenous community work in issues of violence
How much does it cost?
This event is free to attend.
What is the program?
Click here to view the program.
Is there a minimum age?
Yes, the minimum age to attend is 18.